Our new space allows us to show off our collection of children’s books to a greater advantage. The area is not quite finished but it is certainly more spacious than the crammed bookshelves at 165. As customers have undoubtedly noticed the children’s section has grown quite a lot over the past couple of years.
Here is a list of the top ten titles for the last fifteen years:
1. Lindsay Mattick, Finding Winnie
2. Arthur Ransome, Swallows and Amazons
3. Gail Carriger, Etiquette & Espionage
4. Russell Punter, Scaredy Cat
5. Kate Beaton, The Princess and the Pony
6. Jenny Nimmo, Midnight For Charlie Bone
7. Olivier Tallec, Who Done It?
8. Emily Bone, 50 Secret Codes Cards
9. Trenton Lee Stewart, The Mysterious Benedict Society
10. Jo Nesbo, Doctor Proctor’s Fart Powder
One of the interesting features of this list is the longevity of popularity of some of these titles, from the 1930s to 2016. Charlie Bone, for instance, was originally published in 2002, it is still in print and a steady seller.